We are listening
In response to the protests for racial justice taking place across the country (and even across the world), we’ve decided to pause our usual content and make space to show our unequivocal support for the Black community.
We’ve been taking a lot of time individually and as a team to listen, educate ourselves, reflect, feel, and – most importantly – make concrete plans of action.
As a company, here are some of the next steps we have decided on:
- We are making significant donations to a handful of organizations, including the Color Of Change, Campaign Zero, and the ACLU. We’re also brainstorming other ways to raise money.
- On social media, we’re participating in the Amplify Melanated Voices campaign, created by Alishia McCullough and Jessica Wilson. We aren’t posting any of our own content to our feed, and are stepping aside to promote resources from activists and educators.
- We’re working on educating ourselves more as a team. Next week, we will all be participating in Chrissy King’s workshop, “Anti-Racism For Wellness Professionals: How To Show Up Better.”
- We’re gathering additional resources and looking for more opportunities to pay Black educators and activists for their work.
- We are offering unlimited paid time off to participate in social justice work.
- We’re rescheduling the free webinar we had planned for this weekend so we don’t take any attention away from social justice activism.
Most importantly: we’re committed to continuing to do the work of anti-racism long beyond the present moment.
We’re a tiny company, but we’re proud of our representation. Jenny, Xander and I are biracial, and the majority of our contractors are people of color. But we also recognize that representation is not the only thing that matters here.
We are committed to continuing to educate ourselves, listen harder, and become better allies.
We’re not looking for any sort of recognition by sharing our next steps. Honestly, it feels like the bare minimum that we could do.
We just wanted to let you know that we are listening, and we are serious about taking action.
And we encourage you to do the same.