The thing Xander and I do every year that keeps our relationship so strong
Do you and your partner have any romantic rituals?
I’m talking about something specific and special that the two of you do together on a regular basis.
All month long, I’ve been sharing with you ideas of ways to be romantic, and encouraging you to define romance in your own way.
Rituals are a way to take it to the next level!
For example, Xander and I had so much fun on our honeymoon that we decided one wasn’t enough.
Instead, we created a ritual where we take a trip for our anniversary every year.
Some years it’s a small trip (like up to wine country), other years it’s a big trip (we just did South Africa last year!), but it’s always a trip.
It has become one of our favorite ways to celebrate our relationship, and we both look forward to it every year.
It always feels super special and personal, and gets more meaningful with each trip.
Another ritual we have is taking our two pugs, Winston and Maggie, on a walk together every single day.
It would be easy to think of walking the dogs as a chore that one of us is responsible for, but since we think of it as a ritual that we do together, it has become so much more enjoyable.
It’s our time to get some fresh air, clear our heads, talk about our days, and see new parts of our neighborhood.
So this week, I encourage you to make a new ritual in your relationship.
What’s something that you and your partner could do together on a regular basis, that would feel special, celebratory, or romantic?
Here are some other ideas to get you going:
- Say three things you’re grateful for about your relationship before you go to bed every night.
- Read a new book together every month.
- If you’re married – watch your wedding video together, or re-read your vows to each other, every year on your anniversary. If you’re not married – rehash the story of the day you met.
- Decide to volunteer together during the holidays every year.
- Commit to a weekly or monthly date night.
- Spend five minutes together over your morning coffee.
- Cook a meal together once a week.
- Make out with each other for at least a few seconds every time you leave for the day or go to bed at night.
If you’re interested in creating even more romance and passion in your relationship, I highly recommend checking out our online course, The Passion Project: A Couples’ Blueprint To Rediscovering Desire And Reigniting The Spark!
The Passion Project is a twelve-week online course for couples who want to take their sex life and relationship from ordinary to extraordinary.
You’ll learn how to:
- Make the time and space in your busy lives for the connection and intimacy you’ve always wanted.
- Rekindle the spark, so you feel like you did at the beginning of your relationship.
- Feel more in touch with your own desire, and more excited about sharing that desire with your partner.
- Communicate with your partner, so they understand what helps you feel close and loved.
- Connect with each other in ways you never even dreamed possible!